iENG is seeking qualified professionals to join our Engineering team We are a design engineering firm with offices in Granite City, IL, St. Louis, MO and Nashville, TN. We have a diverse portfolio of clients extending across 42 states, and internationally in Mexico and St. Croix. Our team designs projects to be built, for market sectors which include healthcare, commercial, industrial and institutional.
Our ideal candidate for the Preconstruction Engineer role based out of our Granite City, IL headquarters will have at least 4 years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer, Sales Engineer, or a similar role. This person will be someone who is detail-oriented, possesses excellent communication skills, and thrives in a collaborative work environment. You will provide technical expertise and support during the preconstruction phase, including project planning, estimating, budgeting, and value engineering. You will also be working closely with our project management, estimating, and engineering teams to ensure successful project outcomes.
Primary responsibilities for iENG’s Preconstruction Engineer include:
- Collaborating with our project management team to review project requirements, scope, and specifications during the preconstruction phase.
- Providing technical expertise in mechanical engineering and systems, including HVAC, plumbing, and piping, to assist with project planning and design development.
- Preparing and reviewing cost estimates, budgets, and proposals for mechanical systems based on project specifications and drawings.
- Conducting value engineering analyses to optimize project costs while maintaining quality and performance requirements.
- Collaborating with the estimating team to develop and review bid packages, solicit quotes from subcontractors and suppliers, and analyze bids for accuracy and completeness.
- Reviewing and interpreting project plans, specifications, and other documents to identify potential risks, constructability issues, and value engineering opportunities.
- Participating in pre-bid meetings, site visits, and client meetings as needed to gather information and clarify project requirements.
- Preparing and presenting technical presentations to clients, architects, engineers, and other stakeholders to communicate project plans, design concepts, and cost estimates.
- Staying up to date with the industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in mechanical engineering and construction to provide innovative solutions and recommendations.
- Collaborating with the project team to transition projects from preconstruction phase to the construction phase, including handover of project documentation and information.
Primary qualifications for iENG’s Preconstruction Engineer include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in mechanical engineering, preferably in the construction industry.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems, including HVAC, plumbing, and piping.
- Proficient in using industry-standard software for estimating, budgeting, and value engineering.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret and analyze technical documents, such as project plans, specifications, and drawings.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to various stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Professional Engineering (PE) is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of building codes, regulations, and standards related to mechanical systems.
- Familiarity with construction processes and project management principles.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Employee Stock Ownership Program, Experience based salary, Bonuses, Health insurance, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid Time Off (PTO; Vacation), Flexible work schedule, Gym reimbursements.
Our philosophy is to hire talented people, provide them with the training, tools, and resources to be successful, empower them to go and contribute to the success of the company, and reward performance. If you’re ready to be a part of our team AND a part of our solution, please apply today.